The Image That Changed My Life (Taking A Break)

   Hello loves!  I hope you are all doing well. This is a difficult post for me to do.  In fact, it has taken me a few days to have the courage to write it.  Sometimes, life has a plan for us, so I must put mine on hold.  My father, unfortunately, is ill, and I will have to put my blogging on hold. 

   Last week, I saw an MRI of my father's brain, and we saw the tumor that he had was about the size of a quarter.  I held my breath and tried to be strong as I had my Dad, the neurologist, and my sister was on the phone since she could not be there.  I didn't want to alarm her since she was at work, but I wanted to break down then and there.  The neurologist casually pointed out the spots of the history of bleeding and something about the white spots that, well, I don't know or remember what he actually said about those.  At that point, I was blanking out. He showed an older image that showed the tumor was already there but was not detected because it blended in.  The latest image had calcification, and you can really see the size of it.  Now, there are many things they can do, but the worst is, of course, surgery since my father is at an age that will be high risk.  That's the part that worries me the most.

    So now, I am going where I am most needed: be there for my Dad, schedule his appointments, be with him through it all, and spend as much as I can with him because I don't know where this is leading, but all I can be is hopeful.  

  Thank you all for being here throughout my journey, and I hope to be able to resume in the near future.  For now, take care of yourself and each other. XOXO

Inara


Comments