Before The Mask Ball

  I was tp'd to Kustom9 by my friend, Kiwi, who was there to check out and grab some of the fantastic gifts they have for their 10th-year birthday event.  I'm glad I went because I found this gorgeous gown from Violent Seduction.  It's perfect for the October season.  I love the candles and the chandelier arms holding onto the dress.  I immediately thought of creating a sort of Marie Antoinette theme; I was even looking to hold a cake and everything!  But alas, none satisfied me.  So, I wore lace gloves instead.  I drew inspiration from the movie Marie Antoinette, directed by Sofia Coppola, with actress Kirsten Dunst playing the protagonist.  It is still the best film to capture the period.  Overly sweet looking, just like the cakes, macaroons, and other treats you see them eating and wearing the most frou-frou of fashion with towering wigs, and the amount of candy-colored silk makes you want to eat what they're wearing. The movie Amadeus, in my opinion, comes as a close second.  Both films, however, showed fantastic fashion, for sure!

   Now, I realize that my chosen color for the dress does not look like the typical sugary treat-like dress they had in most of the movie, but I fell in love with the purple color. Kirsten did wear black at the masked ball in one of the scenes, so there we have it!  Also, I've had the perfect hair for this look for a long time and have just been waiting for the right outfit.  The mask I have also had for a while.  I like finding items like this when I am shopping around that I know will have use for me in the future.  I wanted to shoot the type of photo to make her look very realistic, as I like most of my photos. The shine in the body really helped with that.  Kudos to BLAXIUM for making some awesome body-shine.  I found this beautiful little garden resembling Antoinette's private garden in Versaille.  I can see her taking a stroll in the garden before the ball.  Possibly eating some, well, cake! haha

  I hope you are as in love with this look as I am.  See you all next time and take care! XOXO

♬ Music ♪ 

Credits:

Corset & Skirt: Violent Seduction - Lumiere - Reborn (Purple) @ Kustom9

Gauged Earrings: Earrings GAUGED XL08 by Swallow @ Kustom9

XL Gauged: ^^Swallow^^ Gauged XL lel Evo X Ears by Swallow

Hair: Versailles  by Exile

Necklace: RH08 Vintage Choker - Pearl by Rowne

Gloves: Valentina Laced Dress - Marble (Part of a set) by [MERCH]

Mask: Immortal Mask - Fatpack by [Glitzz]

Skin Shine: WaxDoll Body Shine- Materials Appliers BLAXIUM 

Pose: Sweet Desire - P2 by [piXit] 

Photo Location: Jardin Francais du Peiti Trianon 

Comments