"Joi" Blade Runner - Dean Studios Photo Contest

   This by far has been the most challenging photo I have created.  Challenging because it's been a while since I have used photoshop and I knew, for this photo of Joi, I needed to use it.  This is my 3rd and last photo for the Blade Runner - Dean Studios Photo Contest.  

  Joi (Ana De Armas) is one of my favorite characters in Blade Runner.  She is K's A.I. companion in Blade Runner 2049.  The scene of her with blue hair and K (Ryan Gosling) on a catwalk looking up at her, is the iconic photo I wanted to create.  Though I didn't have a "K" in my photo, I thought just creating her would be fun and challenging.

The making of Joi's photo:

  This process started with a green screen of me as Joi.  I, of course, shopped around for the perfect hair, eyes, and lips that really mimic her character.  I actually found a few different hair that would work, but the one I decided to go for is the Lalisa hair from monso, which seems to be the place I go to for hair lately, and I love its design and quality.  I took a photo of me in a green screen background so that it would be easier to cut out the green in photoshop.  I had some problems though as u can see in the photo, there is still some green glow that you can see.  

  I also took a photo of Dean Studios Blade Runner lot from the top of the building and layered the two photos together.  I had to do some magic though to hide part of her body underneath the catwalk.  I added another layer to add the purple aura around her face and body, which helped eliminate a bit of the green.  Actually, the original photo also has some purple haze around her, so that's why I mostly added that. The end result is the photo that you see up top. Yay! :)




I hope you guys love this photo and the series of photos I have done so far for this contest!  I have had so much fun making them.

Take care loves and see you on the next post! XOXO

In This Post:

Hair: Lalisa Hair by monso

Lipstick: LeLUTKA All That 8 by IDTTY

Eyes: Plasma Black by Azdesign

Eyelashes: Eyelashes Pack V1 by B.B Store

Blush: Kaya Head ADDONS EvoX Blush 12 by LeLUTKA

Moles: Hailey Gift Pack [LeLUTKA]  by Clef  De Peau 

Skin: Ellie 25 Br Brows by Amara Beauty

Body Skin: Body Skin 25 by Amara Beauty

Mesh Body: Lara by Maitreya

Mesh Head: Kaya 3.1 by LeLUTKA

Pose: Expressive Hand Pose by  Kokolores

Comments